Saturday, October 31, 2015

Happy New Year!!!

As my DeDa used to say, "today is the first day of the rest of your life; happy new year!!!"
I logged an entry into my personal journal today.  My writing ritual closes with a random peek back at a previous exercise.  Sometimes, there is a connection.  Which isn’t that unlikely considering I’m the only writer and I’ve been exploring some of the same themes my entire life.  Other times, the synchronicity is worth sharing, like today.  As many of you know today is Samhain in the Celtic tradition, which I don’t necessarily follow so much as get, if you know what I mean.  Anyway, it became Halloween as a night to let it all hang out before All Saints Day, cause the Catholic clergy knew the best way to attract congregants was to simply adopt their already existing holy nights and polish them up with a new name.  Come party with us, we have wine and incence!!! 

I connect with the older notion of this being a night of closure and renewal.  In the Celtic calendar, these last few nights have comprised their 13th month and tonight is New Year’s Eve.  My journal entry that I looked back on from earlier this year happened to be from the Lunar New Year.  There is no doubt in my mind that the universe helped me to this list so I could see how well I’ve done.  I’ve notated what I’ve accomplished with a þ and (explained what I’m still challenged with).  I hope you enjoy this slice of my personal journey.  I love it when y’all comment cause then I know you really care enough to share your feelings too, but no pressure.  Aloha.

Journal Entry 2/22/15
Finally coming to the Lunar New Year…PHEW!  I totally understand, after the fact, how crazy this horsey ride has been.  Way too strong-willed toward the end.  Racing to get back to the barn before it gets burned down.  Ready for the goat: social, herding, ungulates – right up my alley, except for their crazy eyes.  Anyway, if I did want to realize this animals potential in my life, I suppose I should be looking at not head butting anyone, but also getting out in the larger Maui community more.
My wishes for the New Year are:
1.     Realize my personal power as an accomplished teacher and find more gigs.þ
2.     Continue my newfound healthy lifestyle, including making love with my partner everyday. þ
3.     Increase my inner resiliency with a continued effort at tubing every night and mindfully applying self-acupressure and self-study. þ
4.     Help David become financially successful. (Now modified to allow me to practice observing things I can’t control without trying to fix them)
5.     Customize our home and garden harmoniously. þ
6.     Keep watching my prickly-meter so I can live a drama free life. þ
7.     Let Noj go even more. (Still hard, especially this trip; but I’m trying, really)
8.     Make beautiful triplets.  (Having fun trying)
9.     Visit family, far and near. þ
By the grace of my will I truly desire these things, and however they choose to manifest, I will gratefully receive them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment